The grand finale of the Business Plan Competition 2017-18 under the aegis of Pillai Centre of Innovation and Enrepreneurship was held on Wednesday, 28th March 2018 at the Conclave, Dr. K M Vasudevan Pillai Campus, Panvel.
Out of the 37 teams who registered for the competition from the various institutions of Mahatma Education Society, six teams competed at the finale for the prize money of Rs. One lakh.
1. Betmount – Pillai HOC College of Engineering & Technology
2. Tug.social – Pillai College of Engineering
3. Blabby – Pillai College of Engineering & Pillai HOC College of Engineering & Technology
4. MyEdmate – Pillai HOC Polytechnic
5. Posture Recognition System – Pillai College of Arts, Science & Commerce
6. Lotusians – Pillai HOC College of Engineering & Technology
The team Betmount comprising of Chirag Obhan, Dhruv Phulsundar, Pankaj Rane, Rushikesh Chavan, Kumar Thevar, Sanjay Mujhat were adjudged the winners of the competition.
The competition was judged by Mr.Ravish Jhala , Ms.Pooja Parmar and Mr.NamanKumar Jain. Mr.Jhala is an entrepreneur and has had a long stint as Corporate Head- Information Technology in various service sectors like hospitality, healthcare, etc. Ms.Parmar, a startup enthusiast, is a Chartered Accountant and a commerce graduate from Mumbai University. She works closely with the founders of startup companies to assist with the financial as well as operational aspects of businesses. Mr. Namankumar is an entrepreneur and is currently leading operation efforts at K. B. Products Pvt. Ltd. – a venture dealing in Pure Ghee and edible oils under the brand ‘Nakoda’.
The event was attended by Dr. Priam Pillai and Mr. Franav Pillai and Ms.Munawira Kotyad Pillai. The teams were mentored by Dr. Priam Pillai, Dr. Celina Joy and Ms. Susanna Cherian.